Red Rock River Estate
Dell, MT | 30± Acres | $1,600,000
Red Rock River Estate
The Red Rock River Estate is located on the upper reaches of the famed Red Rock River, just north of Lima, MT. This manicured 30 acres takes in over 2,000 feet of one of southwest Montana’s best kept secrets – the Red Rock River. This property is almost completely under sprinkler irrigation, providing productive hay meadows and a lawn area around the buildings which is second to none. Having a location on the river and irrigated meadows, Red Rock River Estate is covered up in wildlife. Moose and deer frequent the property as well as a plethora of small animals and different species of birds. Download the property brochure for more information.
The Red Rock River runs through the property for over 1/3 mile. Irrigation ditches also flow through the land creating habitat for many species of birds and waterfowl.
The nearly 3000 square foot 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home was built in 1993. Constructed in 1992, the large shop accommodates vehicles, fishing boats, and nearly anything else you can think of to store! In addition, their is a walk in cooler/freezer.
Of the 30± acres, about 19 are irrigated hay meadows that produce about three-four tons to the acre annually. Remaining acreage is riparian land.
Red Rock River Estate would lend itself perfectly to a small cattle, llama, or horse operation if the prospective buyer wishes.
Fishing opportunities on the Red Rock River are excellent on the property seasonally. Depending on the water year, late summer opportunities on the property are limited, however, Clark Canyon Dam, lower Red Rock River, and the famed Beaverhead River are all within minutes of the property.
Ducks, geese, and whitetail deer call Red Rock River Estate home. Excellent waterfowl, antelope, and elk hunting exist in the nearby mountains and public land.
Location and Potential
Red Rock River Estate represents all the best that Southwest Montana has to offer, from agriculture to recreation. This property is located in a beautiful setting on an excellent headwaters river. Hunting and fishing opportunities are available both on the land and in the nearby mountain ranges and waterways. Download the full property brochure here.
Additional Property Details
- Located 3 miles north of Lima, Montana which has a population of 220 people.
- The property is 52 miles from the jet port in Dillon, Montana and 96 miles from the full service commercial airport in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Lima is a Class C School which offers Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Acreage and Capacity
- The estate includes 29.43 total acres of which about 19 acres are under a wheel line irrigation system.
- The current owners put up approximately 60 tons of hay with two cuttings.
- Main home is 2,974 square feet and was constructed in 1993.
- Shop/barn building was constructed in 1992 and is multi-functional. Besides multiple bays for vehicles and toy storage, there is a tackroom, and a walk in cooler/freezer.
Elevation and Climate
- The property sits at an elevation of approximately 6,250 feet.
- Annual average precipitation: 11”
- Annual average snowfall: 52”
- Annual property taxes are approximately $4,410.
Price and Conditions
- Red Rock River Estate is offered for sale at $1,600,000.
Red Rock River Estate is located on the Red Rock River just over 3 miles north of Lima, Montana and 46± miles to the south of Dillon, Montana which is a full service community featuring a Patagonia outlet store, numerous fly fishing shops, and the University of Montana Western which is a 4 year education facility.
This quaint western town offers excellent dining, two grocery stores, movie theater, a new state-of-the-art medical facility and a full-service FBO for private aircraft. A short drive to the south will put you in Lima with basic amenities, restaurants, and gasoline. The property is located approximately 96 miles from Idaho Falls, Idaho, which provides commercial air service.