Ranch with Excellent Recreation
Residence and Buildings
Main 4,512-square-foot home with 3BR, 2BA and additional private basement apartment. Two hunters’ cabins sleep up to six people total. Separate shower and bath house.
Rare opportunity to own a small operation with sprinkler irrigation, live water and all improvements needed for a turnkey operation.
This fully improved property is ideal for a small cattle or horse operation, with working buildings, corrals, creek frontage for stock water and 115± acres under sprinkler irrigation with a newer full pivot.
Located ¼± mile from thousands of acres of public access, this area is famous for its excellent big game hunting. Ideal for prime elk and deer hunting.
Little Sheep Creek flows through the property, which provides for some on-site fishing.
Although it feels private and secluded, the ranch is just outside of Lima, Montana with access to most amenities and is a short drive to Idaho Falls, Idaho with access to commercial air service.
Additional Property Details
- Located 3 miles West of Lima, Montana which has a population of 230 people.
- The ranch is 94 miles from the airport in Idaho Falls, Idaho and 112 miles from the airport in Butte, Montana both of which are full service commercial airports.
- Lima, MT Has Kindergarten through 12th grade public schools.
Acreage and Capacity
- The ranch includes 310 +/- total acres which is made up of deeded acres, leased acres, irrigated acres, dryland acres, etc.
- The current owners rate the carrying capacity of the ranch to be 45 cows on a year around basis. Also have historically put up 400 tons of hay.
- Main home is 4,512 +/- square feet and was constructed in 2002.
- There is a basement apartment with separate entrance. Two Hunters cabins also add to the income or guest improvements.
- There is a domestic well on the property as well as numerous stock water developments that include stock tanks.
- A pivot covering approximately 100 acres.
Elevation and Climate
- The ranch headquarters sit at an elevation of 6,300 feet.
- Annual precipitation: 12”
- Annual snowfall: 55”
- Annual property taxes are $3,356.
Price and Conditions
- The Little Sheep Creek Ranch is offered for sale at $1,400,000.
Little Sheep Creek Ranch is located at 2492 Little Sheep Creek Road, just outside Lima, Montana and an hour and a half from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Benefit from the convenience of having amenities nearby with the privacy and seclusion of a ranch at the base of the Lima Peaks and the mouth of Little Sheep Creek Canyon.